Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Ravelympics 2010

As you may have guessed from the title, I am competing in the Ravelympics. This is the Knitting Olympics on Ravelry, for those who don't know. The goal is to cast on during opening ceremonies and complete your project by closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics to earn a gold medal. It's all quite fun and I participated in 2006 (sort of; it's a long story). I was going to avoid it this year, but then my friend who is a pattern designer (Ann Kuo Lukito of Crafty Diversions) was sponsoring a KAL for the Ravelympics. Just knit one of her patterns and you qualified for a drawing for $40 worth of hand-picked (by Ann) knitting items. I remembered that I had some mohair that she dyed for me and some Frog Tree merino that I had purchased to go along with it:



I had planned to use the yarn to make Ann's pattern, Linh's Ivy (this is a Ravelry link, but you can also find the pattern free on the Crafty Diversion website), so it seemed silly not to participate. I am actually enjoying the knitting and the competition quite a bit. I joined the team for my Ravelry Group Motherhood Later (go team!) Here is my progress on the scarf (for the Scarf Super G event) as of Monday.



By Sunday I was feeling pretty cocky about my progress and decided to enter another "event", the WIPs Dancing. What a great way to finish one of my UFOs! That has not gone as well as my soft, beautiful scarf. The tragic details to follow......

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Ooh! I really like the color, one of my favorites; and the pattern. I have some alpaca yarn that I think would be perfect for it. I joined the Ravelympics too, but I didn't challenge myself very much. I knit a Thorpe hat. Maybe I should try something else.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

So pretty! A great match of yarn, color and pattern. Good luck!

I hope the UFO is salvagable?!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with that lace scarf, it's beautiful.

p.s. I finally figured out a project worthy of the gorgeous lamb's pride you sent me... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home