Ravelympics - The Fallen Project
To my surprise, I am enjoying the Ravelympics and the Olympics. Being forced to knit more has reminded me how much I enjoy it. I'm excited to start new projects and finish those I've got on the needles. In that spirit and with the success of my scarf project I thought I might enter another Ravelympics event, WIPs Dancing. The rule is that the WIP can't have been worked on since January 12th. That eliminated the couple projects that were nearly done. However, I was near completing the front side of a new cream and blue Anouk. It might be cutting it close, but finishing the back, the pockets, and tabs seemed doable. I dug it out and started knitting. After working another inch or so I realized the measurements were funky. It turns out I had missed part of the pattern instructions about 7 inches back. After finishing the decreases, I was supposed to knit to 9.25 inches and then decrease for the transition from the skirt to bodice. I just went right to the decrease at about 7.5 inches, much too early. So, I had to rip back to that point. It went from this:
I'm pretty sure I won't finish it in time for the Ravelympics now. On the positive side, I was working on the 12 month size (this project has been sitting around awhile) and RJ is nearly 2. Now I plan to follow the 18 month sizing instead for length (might even add some extra) and it will be more likely to fit her as a dress for a few months before it becomes a top. She’s super skinny, so having the 12 month width may actually work out better.