Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, February 05, 2010

Ultimate Doughnuts

I am currently working very hard to get to get back to healthy eating habits. It seems like once you get used to eating junk food, it's really hard to stop. I nursed RJ for 13 months, and during that time I ate everything, both healthy and unhealthy. Now there's no excuse and just feel like I am setting a bad example for RJ. Quitting cold turkey has been pretty hard though. I must be craving the stuff pretty bad, because the other day I was on my way to Jo-Ann's for some craft supplies and I read this on the sign "Ultimate Doughnuts." I thought to myself "woohoo, I could really use an ultimate doughnut!" A moment later I read the sign again and realized it said "Ultimate Discounts." So much for the chocolate doughnut I was craving, which was probably a good thing.

I mentioned that I had actual FO's to report, despite a lack of knitting time. I have to confess that two projects are dishcloths, so don't get too excited. So here is one, the Reverse Miter Dishcloth (Ravelry link). I used Vickie Howell Collection Organic Cotton and Milk yarn, which is discontinued I am pretty sure. I got it donated from a friend for my gift project. I am trying to knit dishcloths for RJ's teachers. I started last January, so this is taking awhile, but dishcloths are fun so I'm not too concerned. The yarn was definitely thinner than worsted, so I chose a pattern that could be adjusted in size as you went along. The reverse miter cloth pattern was perfect for it and I was able to use pretty much the entire skein, so no waste.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Good luck on eliminating the junk food! I think about how it is scientifically engineered to make it irresistible to our palates, and that almost always gives me the will power to say no.

Neat way to make a dishcloth! Was that a yarn with milk protein? I don't understand how milk protein is turned into a spinnable fiber.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

You're so right about the junk food thing. I feel like I keep trying to get a foothold, but I'll slide back to mindless eating! Oh well, just need to keep trying, I guess.

I like the mitered pattern. It seems like it might be a good one for using a blanket with left over yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home