Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Projects

As you have probably noticed I am not keeping up with my blog posting as well I'd hoped. In the beginning of the summer I was teaching, and that seemed to take up all my time. Within a couple days of my class ending, we left on vacation to visit my husband's family in Trinidad for two weeks. What a whirlwind! (I will post details and photos of our vacation later.) What has really taken up most of my time, however, is that I'M PREGNANT! I am due in January, and we are quite excited to be giving RJ a younger sibling. I have had a few ultrasounds already, so we just found out that we are having a GIRL! We would be thrilled either way, but knowing the sex allowed me to buy some yarn just for this baby. So I got some beautiful lavender space-dyed cotton by Punta Yarns:


After I bought the yarn, I remembered that RJ had two lavender handknit sweaters that she would be passing down, but it is such a lovely color and so soft that I'm not too upset. I got the yarn at the lovely yarn shop Loop and Leaf in Santa Barbara. We spent the weekend in Santa Barbara for a wedding and had a wonderful time. Here is RJ at the wedding, looking adorable in her orange dress:

I have FOs, and other summer vacation photos to post, so hopefully I will catch up on things soon.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing vacation photos. I've read that Trinidad produces wonderful chocolate.

RJ is a cutie!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

MAZAL TOV! What exciting news! I am so happy for you, Nigel and RJ. I may be biased with my 2 boys, but I love watching the siblings of the same gender grow up together, with any luck they won't fight and will be true best friends.

Also, that yarn looks really soft and squooshy, and OMG is RJ adorable. Orange looks great on her, and those pigtails! That face! She's so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home