Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

We had a great time this summer visiting Trinidad, my husband's home country. However, whenever I tell people where we went they picture us sipping Pina Coladas on the beach. Trinidad isn't really like the other Caribbean islands, though. It's not really set up for tourists. We did go to the beach twice, but it takes about 45 minutes each way to drive there and it is the rainy season so we it always rained for at least part of the time on the beach. I didn't mind the rain, but RJ did not appreciate it so that would usually end our beach outing. She did love jumping in the waves, and is still talking about it. Also, the bugs were a constant battle. I would spend every meal hovering around RJ with a mosquito beater (electrified tennis racket) trying to keep her from being eaten. I had at least 30 bites at any given time. It was also extremely hot and humid, and like most places in Trinidad there was no air conditioning where we were staying. Despite those unpleasantries it was a great trip. We enjoyed seeing family and getting to know where my husband came from. I also had time to knit, both on very long flights there and back and while we were visiting with family. Here are some photos of us at the beach (RJ is conveniently blocking my baby bump) and some of the many beautiful sights.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I've only heard of Trinidad, and I didn't know that it wasn't really a tourist destinations. I could way do without the mosquitoes. I hate the sound of that buzz and realizing that you're getting bitten right and left even though you have a layer of repellent on! I've had enough of that in the Midwest.

RJ is darling as usual. Wish you'd post some more pics from your trip. The ones you've posted a cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home