Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Breeding Habits of Yarn

I still have a little less than a week until the spring semester starts and I must admit I haven't exactly been slaving away. Last semester was such an incredible amount of stress and work (all of which ended well, but it was still SO MUCH work). Then just as things were finally winding down my parents arrived, eager to tackle a bunch of projects around our house. They love to help us out when they visit once a year and she and my dad are two incredibly talented, handy people. It did, however, feel like I went right from school, to the holidays, to working around the house with no break. The past week I finally had a chance to decompress, and this has led to an odd phenomenon. My yarn appears to be breeding. If you were to check on the stash once a day, you would notice that it is expanding at an alarming rate. I'm not sure what's going on, but disappointingly the yarns that are breeding fastest are the cheap ones. Any suggestions on how to get some silk, cashmere, and other luxury yarns to breed? I would really love to make a silk shawl or some cashmere fingerless mitts......

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Since you are willing to knit with sparkly purple acrylic for your daughter, I think it would be very appropriate to look for a lovely silk yarn (try looking at Handmaiden's SeaSilk from Colorsong Yarn--free shipping!--and a single skein can make a lovely scarf or small shawl), and then sending the link to your husband as a mother's day hint.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

Ooh good idea Brenda!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger JayJay said...

Yes, that is an excellent idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home