Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Let's Get Physical

I think I posted about this project back when I did it in 2009, but I never posted photos of little RJ in the full glory of her costume. Back in May of 2009, RJ's teacher sent home a list of necessary items for their spring show. This included a pair of legwarmers. I'm sure most of you have not tried to buy legwarmers for a toddler, but I can assure you they are not that easy to find. Of course, the knitter in me decided on the spot to make them. I used some pink TLC Cara Mia from my stash that someone gave me, and I managed to get them finished in time. Here is a close-up of them:
And here is a somewhat blurry photo of RJ during her performance. Yes, you guessed it; they were dancing to "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton-John. I don't even want to discuss the odd nature of the song choice for two-year-olds, but I will say they did all look very cute. The biggest issue was that the song seemed to go on forever (why wouldn't you just use a shorter version for kids this young?) and the show was scheduled right in the middle of the usual school naptime, so they all looked tired. RJ was a real trouper though, and did a great job!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

Welcome Back! I remember those days of not having time to breathe. RJ looks like she's still cute as a button, and her leg warmers are darling.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

RJ looks so cute! That was an odd choice of song...

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

So cute!

Strange song for kids...but I remember when I was 12 and at daycamp, our counsellors had us do a dance number for the whole camp/parents to Like a Virgin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home