Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Heart Crafting

I meant to post this on or soon after Valentine's Day. It's a little late, but I'm still proud to be able to post the Valentines that RJ and I made together. They were evidently quite a hit (with the teachers anyway). We were the only ones that didn't give candy, stickers, pencils, or tattoos. I don't know if that makes me charmingly old fashioned or a stick in the mud. I'm going with old-fashioned. It was a lot of work to make enough for everyone, but mostly we had fun. RJ loves to craft, so this project was great in several ways. It used up a bunch of cardmaking supplies I already had. I think I spent about $3 in extra stuff, like the "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp for the inside, some additional blank cards, and some paper flowers, just for fun. It kept her entertained, which is sometimes tricky. It also meant I didn't have to weed through all the Justin Bieber and other silly Valentine's day cards to have some for her class. A win overall, I think!

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

They came out awesome! I want to make picture cards next year like I saw on someone's blog, where the child has their hand out in a fist and you slice it and stick in a lollipop. True, it's got candy (or I could do pencils again), but it's so cute!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger JayJay said...

Those sound cute! I'm actually not entirely opposed to candy, I was just surprised that everyone's Valentines were packs of candy or had candy attached. Ours must have stood out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home