Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pop Goes the Weasel

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." - Steven Wright It's no secret that I love animals. It's also no secret that my husband does not. This may have been a problem in our relationship except that I am also allergic to nearly all animals. My asthma is generally not an issue, but put me around a cat and my system goes haywire. My inability to have a real pet has led me to fall in love with those that I can knit and don't have dander. My favorite patterns for animals are from Susan B. Anderson, whose patterns for knitted stuffed animals are so cute you can't resist them, or at least I can't. When I signed up for a stuffed animal swap I knew I had to do one of her patterns. I chose the cute Little Owls from Knit Simple Holiday 2010. I bought this magazine specifically for the animal patterns and I love the owl best. I am so happy with how it turned it out! The pattern was really easy to follow, and I definitely plan to make more of these for the girls! Next up, the Red Fox. I even have the yarn!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

That's adorable!
If you like knitting toys, there's a local designer here who has some GORGEOUS animals, and even some free ones to try out her style. You can look for fuzzymitten on ravelry or I think her site is fuzzymitten.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home