Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

On My Own

For the past 3 years my hubby has been diligently working away at an MBA, working full time during most of that time. This required a fair amount of sacrifice on both our parts. He had to stay up at all hours of the night, studying after the kids were asleep. He was in evening classes 2-3 evenings each week and usually a study group on the weekend, leaving me alone with the children a lot, meaning that I wasn't able to do much work of my own at home. I'm incredibly proud to say that he finished this past December, with flying colors! We were even happier when his current job rewarded him with a promotion, and he was chosen to represent his group for special training. Yay! Except that the training is once a month over three days, and for at least the first meeting he had to be away overnight for the whole three days. Needless to say I was NOT thrilled about that part. As a result, I was home alone with a 1-year-old and 4-year-old for those few days. Dinner was not so bad, but bath was nearly impossible. Bathing Iva is like taming a wet, wiggly octopus (why does it seem like her limbs double when she's wet?). RJ is really good in the bath on her own, but when she bathes with Iva there tends to be too much kicking and splashing than I am comfortable with around little Iva (although Iva giggles and has fun, oblivious to the danger). At night the two wake-ups for Iva and one for RJ is killer on one person's sleep. This is all to explain why blog reading, commenting, and posting have come to a screeching halt. My hope is that the remaining training will be much closer, and I won't be alone at night. Also, the girls are slowly getting better about sleeping. I have been able to squeeze in some time on one project, a cute hat I am crocheting for a member of one of my Ravelry groups. It's a bit of a surprise, so I will post it once she receives it. For now I will post with some photos from kids' Easter parties at school. They both had a good time getting eggs and eating chocolate (hmm, wonder where they get their love of chocolate, ahem).

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Jennifer said...

Oh I know the feeling! Yannick works late almost every night, so pick-up/supper/bath/playtime Tues-Fri, plus all day Sat are on my own. My sympathies! :)

ps Congrats to your hubby!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your oldest daughter looks like your twin.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I hope his May training has a better schedule! They are adorable girls. If your husband does have to be gone overnight, perhaps you and the girls could play pretend it's the Dark/Middle Ages, as bathing was once a year at best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home