Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

We Did It!

My husband and I have had a very busy year, meaning we've had very little sleep these past many months and lots of stress. As the year is winding down (we are on an academic schedule, at least that's how my mind works), all that hard work seems to be paying off. My husband finished his MBA in December, and his official diploma arrived in February. In March, he got the well-deserved promotion he was promised. Yay! Finally, as of June 1st I got official word that I have tenure! What a year! Here's hoping that knitting and blogging will become more frequent activities from now on. ;) All of this good news made all the sacrifice seem worthwhile, and I've started a project in very cheerful colors to celebrate. I saw the Silk Moon Crescent Shawlette on Susan B. Anderson's blog and thought that I could make one of these myself. I've never done a shawl before (lace in fingering weight yarn and small children don't mix), but this uses worsted weight and is not very lacey so it seemed perfect! So far, I am loving the pattern. It's fun and easy. I'm using some wonderful New Zealand yarn I got as a gift, and mixing it with a solid light pink color to tone it down a bit.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Wollgut said...

(This is the third time I'm trying to leave a comment...) Congratulations!! Tenure is huge news. I'm absolutely thrilled for you!! (And you husband, naturally.) Yay!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home