Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A (Cheap) Source of Entertainment?

Now that the hubby and I are getting settled into southern California, we have begun the arduous task of saving for a house downpayment. So, we are now on a stict budget for the next several months. Thankfully, my wonderful husband has decided that knitting is a cheap form of entertainment and therefore it's still OK to occasionally buy some yarn. He figures that each project will take several weeks, providing much more entertainment than one time at the movies, and I will make something nifty to wear in the process. You cannot imagine how hard it was for me to hide every skein in my stash to make it look like I was poor, destitute knitter in need of new yarn. Little does he know that I probably already have enough yarn to keep myself busy for the next ten years, let alone the next few months. He may be getting a little suspicious. I don't think I was particularly convincing when I told him that two skeins of yarn on my dresser were just a fun pair of earrings I'd picked up. Either way, I've decided to be good, and don't plan to buy any large amounts of yarn until the end of the semester, as a treat.

To give me something fun to play with, however, I did buy a few more skeins of Gedifra's California Color in a tan/green/coral-pink colorway, giving me 9 skeins to work with. I should be able to make something cool out of that much (sorry for the blurry pic). Any suggestions? It's a worsted cotton/acrylic.
If you see me out and about I should be easy to recognize. I'll be the one with skeins of yarn hanging from my ears.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

What's the yardage? You can get at least a tank. Or maybe something shrug-like? Nice colors. (Oh, and nice husband, too.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home