Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Blue Period

I know we live in the modern age, but why do students insist on contacting their professors using their personal e-mail addresses? I know this doesn't sound horrible, but these e-mail addresses sometimes include nicknames you really don't want your professors to see. For example, 2sexy4U@yahoo.com or hotnhorny@gmail.com. Why would you send an e-mail to your professor from that address? Apparently it's true, common sense is officially dead.

And here's a sure sign that I am not immune to the death of common sense. I know I should just donate/give away my old acrylic yarn. I have a small, but nice stash of good quality yarns, acquired within the past couple years. But, my incredible cheapness frugal nature won't allow me to part with perfectly good craft items. As a reference point, it took me 8 years to finally part with the giant wooden bow, and I'm still convinced that I will be crafting in the not too distant future and realize that what I really need is a giant wooden bow to complete my project.

Anyway, my friends and colleagues are procreating at an alarming rate, so I need to make lots of baby gifts. Just take a look at my "other craft project" progress bars if you need proof. I have no less than four baby projects currently underway, and have purchased materials for several more. So, this weekend I bought some very washable and soft Caron Simply Soft to coordinate with a couple skeins of my old acrylic and I am now attempting to whip an easy crochet baby afgan. Frankly, when I took the yarn personality quiz it turned out that I'm acrylic, so I guess it's fitting. If this one comes out OK, you can expect to see several more baby afgans, at least until I use up the bulk of the 10 or so skeins of acrylic I have left.

The pattern is the Seija baby blanket pattern from The Happy Hooker, which cleverly has a seatbelt hole for car seats or strollers. I can even make a cute matching hat. I think the blue/white scheme is turning out quite nicely. Yes, another blue item. Perhaps fellow crafters will start referring to this as my "blue period?"

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I can't get rid of my old and less-desirable yarn either. It's the same reason I have a big ball of rubber bands in my kitchen junk drawer. Heck, it's the same reason I have a kitchen junk drawer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home