Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Comfortable Shoes

There is a quote from the tv show "Cheers" in which Cliff Clavin (John Ratzenberger) says that the key to all the great thinkers is comfortable shoes. He even has examples: Socrates, sandles; Einstein, a comfortable loafer. It's hard to argue with that kind of logic. Last week was a bad foot week for me. Two days I managed to wear footwear that gave me blisters. This past weekend in frustration I bought three new pairs of comfortable shoes. I feel that even after a few days with my new shoes my thoughts are actually sharper. I sense a new brilliant theory is just around the corner! If only I could afford a pedicure I'm sure I could figure out cold fusion! OK, perhaps I exaggerate somewhat, but my feet really do feel better.

You know what else make me feel better? Chocolate. Since moving to California I have discovered the wonder of See's chocolates. Below you can see my Easter loot, which includes a nice big box of See's dark chocolate mix. Even though it wasn't delivered by an abnormally large rabbit that inexplicably clucks and lays eggs, it was quite a good haul. As you can see, I also got some peeps. Admittedly, they really don't taste all that good and they leave your tongue yellow for several days, but it just isn't Easter without them, you know? But really, all this showing of Easter goodies was just an excuse to make my newest baby blanket look more exciting.



Yes, it's yet another Seija blanket from The Happy Hooker (I really cannot recommend this book enough, even if you only crochet a little). This time, I've gone for a dark teal, mint green, and white. I've been feeling in a minty mood lately, as you may have noticed.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

I totally agree about the shoe thing - getting blisters can really ruin your day.

Looks like you got some good chocolate there - and the blanket looks fantastic...as usual!

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if you are up for a pedicure - sounds like the perfect lunchtime getaway! The blanket looks great, but if I had to pick one I would go for the See's.....

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, See's candy, lucky you!

Good luck solving the world's most intractable problems in your new shoes. I'm going to go ahead and assume that my shoes are the only reason that I haven't done that yet.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

Aaahhh comfortable shoes! I gave up the crazy 'fashion' shoes so long ago I can't even remember the last time I put on a heel (except when wearing a dress). I'm ALL about flat COMFY shoes. Keen's are THE BEST (at least for my feet) and they are cute too - it's a win-win especially when you find them on sale (check out Sierra Trading Post
)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

oh I almost forgot - remind me to bring back some Purdy's chocolate for you when I go to Vancouver in July. In my opinion - it blows See's out of the water! Of course I could be just a little biased ;) Though I did get confirmation from some Swiss friends (who presumably should know a thing or two about chocolate) that Purdy's was much better than any American made chocolate they ever tried... Maybe we should do a blind taste test tee hee :)

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Mmm...Peeps marshmallowy-goodness. Did you know they make them sugar-free now? I'm not sure if that's sacriligious (sp?). Damn, now I'm craving a marshmallow banana.
p.s. Throw in a foot massage to your pedicure and new shoes and you'll be able to figure out the Caramilk secret! ;)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I think Peeps taste great, personally!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks for the excellent excuse to go shoe shopping!

See's is excellent chocolate. I wonder if there is a See's in the mall with the shoe store? Hmmm...

Lovely colors for the baby blanket! Green is so peaceful yet vibrant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home