Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

UFO Roundup - The Nonknits Continued

I am back from my trip to Florida, so I will post photos and blog about the trip in my next post. However, I wanted to continue showcasing my "other craft projects" list of UFOs, in an effort to motivate myself to finish a few of these. I'm not sure how well it will work, but any progress is better than the nearly complete lack of progress I've had since posting them in the sidebar. Perhaps there is a curse of the sidebar?

Now to finish up the nonknitting UFOs. First, I have another patchwork fleece baby blanket to complete. As you can see it is "ducky" themed, and all it needs is a yellow satin blanket binding sewn onto the edge. The satin edging is soft and appealing for babies, however the mitering of the corners is a lot of work. If anyone know of an easy shortcut, please let me know.


Next, I have a lap or baby quilt that I've started (I prefer small quilting projects to retain my sanity). I started with this pattern, which had appealing geometry, but I wasn't keen on the chintz fabrics. A little too flowery for my tastes.


So, I decided to make it these fun, citrusy colors. It was originally intended as a baby gift for a close friend, but the little tyke may be in college before I finish it. Still, I love the colors and pattern, so I would like to finish it. The white portions will still be white, but I still need to decide on a color to replace the lavendar diamonds. I will probably use the same color as the binding, too. Maybe a solid lime green?
Hopefully, I will have some actual progress to show on these projects soon!

6 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

Lime green to match your blog! Love it. :)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Very cute ducky quilt! I think lime green would be a good choice. I hope you had a good time in Florida!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

Hello!

I saw the book in Waterstones (a local book chain here in the UK), and it's already on Amazon UK.

From what I've gathered from the people across the pond, it's already in Barnes and Noble, but it hasn't arrived on Amazon online.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Looks like fun! I'm so hoping to do some sewing soon, but I have to finish that chuppah first . . .

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, when I have a baby I hope anyone who feels moved to make me a baby gift has the EXACT same taste as you. (I swear that's a compliment, not some kind of presumptuous hint.) I absolutely love the citrus colors. And the duckies. So, so cute!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lime green" is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I looked at the other colors. I think it will be perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home