Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Project Stalemate

Lately I've had the opposite of startitus. I haven't wanted to start anything. I think part of the problem is that several of the projects that I think I should start are fairly intimidating. For example, to really start the body of the Schachenmayr sweater (at the bottom of the page) I would have to swatch the lace pattern, which would require reading the chart and, you know, paying attention to what I'm doing. I just don't want to do something that requires that much thought. I think I may have to find a more mindless project for the time being. To be fair, part of why I didn't do anything complext is that this past week I was on vacation here:

Yes, it's San Francisco and that's a photo of the Bay Bridge. The hubby and I spent so much time enjoying the city that I was too tired to knit in the hotel room. I know, rough, huh? I did start one new project, a baby kimona from Mason-Dixon Knitting in a nice gender neutral yellow cotton-ease.



I am also thinking of swatching for Knit and Tonic's flair. It looks good for the SoCal climate and has no complicated lace or anything.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

How is the cotton-ease? I've never used it but hear good things all over blogland...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger CraftyCanadian said...

ooohhh San Francisco! I'm jealous :) I think summer makes a lot of us slow down a little on the knitting - especially when it's so friggin' HOT (no, I don't have air conditioning at home). I'm concentrating on finishing long overdue projects before starting anything new... it's a little slow going though.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

There's always a time for garter stitch!

The ICU is crazy now, and James is leaving soon. We'll have to get together in Sept - a late bday celebration? When are you guys moving?

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

San Francisco is too busy a place to settle into knitting while on vacation. Great color for the baby kimono. Flair sounds like just the ticket for both knitting and wearing. You don't want to make your knitting overly complicated at the start of the semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home