Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Two FOs

"One good husband is worth two good wives; for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued." -Benjamin Franklin

The first FO is actually my brother's wedding, which is really a finished event rather than an object. I didn't really have a lot to do with its actual completion, but it was a very happy event. My new sister-in-law is a wonderful person that we are exceedingly happy to now call family, and she and my brother seem very happy together (I should apologize to him for the quote, but he loves Ben Franklin quotes and this one was too funny). It doesn't get much better than that! Here is a photo of me at the beautiful outdoor wedding at Red Rock Canyon this past weekend. It was a bit chilly, so I kept on my jacket for the ceremony and then took it off later for photos. Since this is a side view, you can sort of see my growing belly. I was my brother's Best Woman, and even got to hold the rings. I have to say the ceremony was very touching and I was so happy to be a part of it.

The second FO is actual knitting. I am willing to admit that my progress on even the simplest of projects has been pretty pathetic these past few months (one could argue that this has been the case since the beginning of this blog, but things have worsened to an even more atrociously slow state recently). There are numerous reasons for this, including a neck and shoulder injury brought on by too much time spent hunched over grading (I should have known that grading was dangerous for one's health; it sure feels unhealthy when you're doing it). Also, the yarn for Le Slouch was so old (12 years and moved more times than a failing TV series) that it really upset my dust allergy. I think I have enough yarn left to make matching fingerless gloves, but I plan to wash the it first.

Yarn: Lorena DK (40% wool/60% acrylic) in burgundy
Pattern: Le Slouch by Wendy Bernard
Changes: None, I basically knit the pattern as written
Yardage: 1 skein (200 yards)
Needle: US 7 dpns
Time: Started July 2007 and finished January 2008
Notes: The seed stitch was a little tedious and I kept dropping stitches from the dpns, but these were really minor negatives. Overall, the pattern was easy and fun and the result is a very flattering yet practical hat. Below are a couple photos of the finished hat and an actual action shot.





Shockingly, I have more FOs to post, but don't want to splurge on putting all of them in one post. It may be awhile before I finish anything else afterall.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Glad the wedding went well - you look great, new hat, new coat, and all!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Anne said...

ooh, you look very French in le slouch and your coat. what happened to staying incognito? :)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Anne said...

oh, btw... did you see my hubs in the sea of millions? he has been in vegas since friday for CES.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Love the quote! Glad the wedding went well. Best wishes to your brother and sister-in-law for a wonderful life together!

Well done on The Slouch. Great color for you too.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Wool in Sunshine said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! The yarn I used is Plymouth Yarns Royal Bamboo, in color 13:
http://www.plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=cYarn.yarnDetail&yarnid=000204&searchcollection=000011

I bought it at That Yarn Store in Eagle Rock - that's the only place I've seen it at.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger cranberry said...

Awww that's too cute! Your coat, your hat...you look darling.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hat is adorable, and I continue to love that coat. You look fantastic!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

You look great! I could never pull of a beret...slouchy or otherwise. I would look like I was half-dressed for a costume party. That coat is seriously cute and I wish I'd seen something like that when I was pregnant! Congrats to your brother too! I'm the first of us 4 kids to get married so it will be a bit surreal to be in one of my siblings' wedding parties.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger michaele said...

Love the tam- and the whole look, frankly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home