Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New Projects and Baby FOs

I meant to get this post up earlier, but baby RJ and her father caught a cold and we've been struggling to get by these past few days. Everyone is slowly getting better, but I have gotten even less sleep than usual and RJ has needed lots of attention. Being on the computer is taking a back seat as a result. First, another picture of RJ with her new teddy bear. She looks a bit frightened in this shot, but I swear she didn't seem scared of the bear at the time.


Before RJ was born, I finished a couple small projects for her. First, I finally got to to the final details of a cute new bib for her. The inspiration was some scraps of black, white and black/white Sugar 'n Cream yarn and a ladybug button.


Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream in white, black, and salt & pepper
Pattern: baby bib 'o love from Mason-Dixon Knitting
Changes: none
Yardage: small amounts of each
Needle: US 6 (4.0 mm)
Time: started July 10, 2007 and finished March 6, 2008 (knitting was done in September, but finishing took awhile)

I also whipped up a cute pair of booties just before she was born. I wanted to use up the leftover yarn from a hat that I made for her.


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Pattern: saartje's bootees
Changes: none
Yardage: about a third of a skein
Needle: US 2 (2.75 mm)
Time: started February 16, 2008 and finished February 20, 2008

I also started a couple more new projects for RJ (she is getting all my knitting attention lately, but I just can't resist making cute things for her). First, I started Anouk in green and yellow.

I am also making some knitted pants in white and yellow. I started them in just yellow (to use up some leftover cotton-ease), but it was obvious I was going to run out of yarn, so I just restarted using white for the waistband and cuffs, and yellow for the main body. I should have photos next time!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

Oh, I just love that Saartje's bootees pattern. Yours are so cute (as is your daughter!!).
Hope everybody's feeling better!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Adorable stuff for an adorable baby. I like how you dressed up the bib. And those booties - we need an action shot of them on her!

(and she does look a bit afraid of the teddy) :)

I hope that she and your hubby are feeling better, and that you don't get sick too!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

I just love Saartje's bootie pattern. I've read some people complaining about the seaming, but it didn't bother me. Yours are darling.

Afriad? Well, maybe your little girl does look a tad concerned. (LOL) She's beautiful. I hated those "baby" colds. They don't know how to get rid of all that...snot. Oh. I just remembered the dreaded syringe thing we'd use to help with that.

Hope she and her daddy are feeling better soon.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope RJ will be amenable to modeling some of the lovely handknits you are making her! Adorable knits and an adorable baby together are the perfect blog combination.

By the way, she is just the sweetest. The photo in your last post, under the floral blanket, looks good enough to eat.

I hope you two are enjoying each other! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home