Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dressing Better

"I'm not a beautiful woman. I'm nothing to look at, so the only thing I can do is dress better than anyone else." - Wallis "Wally" Simpson

Dressing well is so easy when you have someone else's lovely knitwear. A very long time ago Theresa of Knitting Underway had some lovely knit items to purge from her closet. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of a sleeveless cable sweater.

I swear, I've already worn it several times and each time I was bombarded with complements. Just goes to show what an expert can really do with a bit of yarn and a couple sticks. It is knit in a lovely color of Lionbrand Homespun, with a large cable in the front. It almost looks like it was made for me, even with the expanding belly! Thanks Theresa, for being so generous with your knits.
I also have a progress shot of the ribbed hat I've been working on. The pattern is from One-Skein Wonders and is very easy. I am trying to use up this gray yarn, which I already used as part of a vest and a scarf. This yarn is about 12 years old and is a slightly itchy wool/acrylic blend. I think a little wool wash will probably soften it up. The color is nice and it knits up fast. The dark gray is wool-ease worsted.
I also have three FOs to post about, but I have to finish weaving in ends and remember to ask my husband to take some action shots for me. Classes start next week (eek!), so I'd better get moving on finishing up some of these projects!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great! Glad you're getting some use out of it.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lori said...

Can you tell I'm catching up all at once? LOL

I love that tank top! I have a ton of Homespun kicking around and after making a giant sweater/coat the thought of making matching hooded sweatshirts for Yannick and I (as planned) is NOT appealing. Hmmm....

It looks great on you too! Don't you find knits are so forgiving over an expanding belly?

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger cranberry said...

That tank top is fab. Looks proper warm and gooey too.

I love that dark grey. Yum.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

The cabled top fits perfectly, and the colors are really good for you. How to get it from Theresa.

Nice grey combo for the hat!
Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home