Trouble with Trebles

This blog is to keep track of my knitting, other craft projects, and the weird bits of life that don't fit anywhere else.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The 2006 FO Tally

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback about my swap goodies! I'm especially happy that my swap partner liked them. As long as she doesn't think I'm a bad date, then I think I'm off the hook. ;)

Lots of other knitters have done it, so I'll give it a shot too. What did I complete in 2006? A couple things made my count difficult.

1. I started my blog halfway through the year, so I don't have an online record of many of my FOs
2. I really didn't finish very much

Here is my best guess at the tally:

Knitting:
1. Ribs and Ruffles scarf
2. Chunky 2x2 ribbed scarf
3. knitted baby hat
4. Two pairs of knitted baby/toddler mittens
5. Patchwork sweater for myself

So, that's a total of 6 knitted FOs. Most of these items can be viewed in a slide show of FOs in my sidebar. I will devote an upcoming blog to the patchwork sweater, which is biggest knitted project to-date, but was completed pre-blog.

Crochet:
1. Seija baby blanket
2. Two sets of potholders
3. Two baby hats
4. Two toddler hats

A total of 7 crocheted FOs.

Not exactly a spectacular count, but I did just learn to knit and I have several large projects that are nearly finished (I know, excuses, excuses). I will post more photos of knitting soon, once I catch up on teaching, writing, and research (wow, I feel tired just writing that!). This semester is definitely going to kick my butt. More on that later.

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Prof. Knitwit said...

I didn't realize that you recently learned how to knit. When? Regardless, that is quite impressive.

I definitely hear you on being overwhelmed about everything there is to do. A professor's work is never done!!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

You didn't include moving cross-country, buying a house, finishing your post-doc, publishing how many papers? and all that jazz. It's been a very productive year for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home